Abandoned in the Forest

Started by tsunami, January 27, 2013, 03:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

May I suggest this ... ?

I added a rar with the material and a bip.

The broken part is in the opacity map.  The texture is a lable.  Play with the settings to get it look right.

Cheers,

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on February 04, 2013, 12:07:54 AM
May I suggest this ... ?

I added a rar with the material and a bip.

The broken part is in the opacity map.  The texture is a lable.  Play with the settings to get it look right.

Cheers,
Thanks Philippe for your suggestion too, i would like to try, but .png   files for label and opacity are missing from your attachment kmp and bip file...
regards

PhilippeV8

Well then I must attach them now  :D

Sorry 'bout that.  I figured if you export a material in KS, it takes all imagery with it in the file ... turns out it doesn't.  Shoud've exported the scene instead of saving a bip  :P
My bad ..

guest84672

If you export a material, then all textures are included.

tsunami

Quote from: Thomas Teger on February 04, 2013, 06:48:13 AM
If you export a material, then all textures are included.
i though the same but,but in effect if u try to import that kmp file on material library, png textured files are missing.
Philippe sent me separately so now is working..

tsunami

Here the last render with Ed glass suggestion...so i hope is better than first one...

feher

I feel like I'm visiting family down south.
I love this kind of stuff. I remember one time we were driving in the mountains of Tenneesse when I seen a old truck in someones yard all rusted out...etc. No big deal right...wrong it was there so long a tree was growing through the bed of the truck. This was no small tree either......lol I looked at my wife and said....Gotta love being home.

Great work Aldo ! this has become a great learning threasd.
Tim

KeyShot

Looks great. Perhaps add a slight amount of roughness to the glass to blur the reflections.

PhilippeV8

Quote from: KeyShot on February 04, 2013, 11:30:18 PM
Looks great. Perhaps add a slight amount of roughness to the glass to blur the reflections.

I wanted to do that to my material, but found there was no roughness slider.  Since you said that now, I went back to check the frosted glass and it turns out .. type "Glass" has no roughness, type "Solid Glass" does have a roughness.
So, makes me wonder ... why is there a type "Glass" anywayz ?  What can it do MORE/OTHER than "Solid Glass" can ?

DriesV

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on February 05, 2013, 12:01:11 AM

I wanted to do that to my material, but found there was no roughness slider.  Since you said that now, I went back to check the frosted glass and it turns out .. type "Glass" has no roughness, type "Solid Glass" does have a roughness.
So, makes me wonder ... why is there a type "Glass" anywayz ?  What can it do MORE/OTHER than "Solid Glass" can ?

There's also a difference in how "Glass" interacts with the translucent material, compared to "Solid Glass".
1st image: regular "Glass" (all white, two-sided on)
2nd image: "Solid Glass" (all white, color density 1)

In both images Global Illumination is on and there are 10 ray bounces.

The regular glass material is the only material that makes the translucent liquid look right in glass. It just doesn't work with solid glass, dielectric, advanced... It almost seems like light cannot reach the translucent material through anything other than regular glass.

Sorry for the spoiler... :-[

Dries

Skint

Tsunami... youve really pushed hard on this image, and it shows. Excellent job !

PhilippeV8

Yes, sorry, back on topic if you will about that render ... the green moss is a bit saturated for my taste, but I don't bother.  It looks way better and more convincing with the dirty glass.  It gets the green light !

tsunami

Quote from: DriesV on February 05, 2013, 12:25:39 AM
Quote from: PhilippeV8 on February 05, 2013, 12:01:11 AM

There's also a difference in how "Glass" interacts with the translucent material, compared to "Solid Glass".
1st image: regular "Glass" (all white, two-sided on)
2nd image: "Solid Glass" (all white, color density 1)

In both images Global Illumination is on and there are 10 ray bounces.

The regular glass material is the only material that makes the translucent liquid look right in glass. It just doesn't work with solid glass, dielectric, advanced... It almost seems like light cannot reach the translucent material through anything other than regular glass.

Sorry for the spoiler... :-[

Dries
You are right Dries, i found the same issue on my past work..so it's a bit difficult to understand it well..

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on February 05, 2013, 02:42:04 AM
Yes, sorry, back on topic if you will about that render ... the green moss is a bit saturated for my taste, but I don't bother.  It looks way better and more convincing with the dirty glass.  It gets the green light !
Yes i did a mistake when i created new layer on that map on photoshop..but when i realized that there was too much moss saturation (on the top glass), i already posted on the forum..
Sorry ...my mistake..