New car rendering in Keyshot4 using some new features

Started by feher, January 28, 2013, 07:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

OK, here is an image using Keyshot 4.

My work flow was a tad different on this one due to the new lights added in Keyshot 4.
I used LightStudio 4 to get my basic lighting and color pallet on the car. Then I used two IES lights to add the drama. IES lights is one of many new features in Keyshot 4. IMHO this is a game changer for me. I will be able to add that extra pop to my images.
I also used the new Ground plane, which is another great feature. with hte ground plane you will be able to clip those tires without distroying your 3D data. Also with this new ground plane you can control how much reflection if any you want on the ground. Your vehicle can reflect like your on a mirror or you can add roughness but still have a slight shine like you see in my image.
I hope you enjoy the image.
Tim

Ed

Fantastic!  IES lights are a great addition to KS.   Got a nice crisp shadow there.

Ed

KeyShot

feher

Thanks guys glad you liked it.
Here is a before and after sample. As you can see I really didn't have to do anything to the rendered images except to add my own flare/style to it.
Questions, comments, concerns are welcome.
Tim

Saloff

just a quick return to the post with this great car render in KS4...

I meant to ask Feher about rendering cars headlights. The reason why is that whenever I try to work with headlights, with any kind of lighting setup) they come out too dark and practically no ddetails are seen. Is tehre any hint on that? Say, for the light tubes (or whatever they are called in there) I tend to use chrome material, for the headlight body - dark plastic...

I will highly apprecate your comments.

mjb

Hey Tim,
That looks fantastic  :)
Where did you get the HDRI from? or did you make it?