On a siding in Winslow, Arizona- 1st KS4 beta render

Started by Speedster, January 29, 2013, 09:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

My 1st (actually 7th) rendering in the KS4 beta test.  You know, some apps are nasty, some difficult, some not.  KeyShot 4 is a BLAST!  It's fun to use, which is very rare in our rarified CG world.  And being fun, it's also creative.  There are game changing capabilities now that will knock your socks off!

Modeled in SolidWorks, @ 9,942,726 polys, mostly in the 10,000 plus rivets.  Took about 35 minutes to import the first time, reloads in less than a minute.  Backplate shot at La Posada Resort, in Winslow, Arizona, about 5:00 AM, on our last vacation.  I'm an early riser!

I modeled interior lamps, and they are lit with the new "light source" capability.  "Bright Forest" HDR tweaked with the KeyShot Editor, using two pins, as well as "Twist and Warp", and angle.  You will not believe what you will be able to do now with HDR's!  The clown pass (which I did not use in post, as there was no post) is but one of several passes created automatically with just one click!

Bill G

DriesV

Bill, I certainly agree that there is a lot of good stuff in KeyShot 4. (I must admit the local lights capability is my personal favorite feature...)

This begs the question...
Can you please make a rendering of the interior?? ::)

Dries

fario

Speedster

Thanks for the comments!  Dries, right now the interior is quite rudimentary, with only the comfortable swivel chairs.  It's a 1930's era Pullman heavyweight "Parlor Car", and the interior is in the Art Deco style.  I'll finish it up if I ever get some time. I plan to do a coach and the open platform  "Observation Car" as well.  Right now I'm working on medical device designs like 70 hours a week!
Bill G

feher

Love trains ! Great work Speedster.
Its a keeper in my book.
Tim