network rendering problems

Started by cmindler, January 16, 2013, 07:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmindler

I have a problem that textures fall off a model during a network rendering.  Rendering in default it renders fine.  Animations crash the network renderer as well.  Another wierd thing is that old renderings done over the network get re-deposited locally.

guest84672

Please contact support. You may be running an outdated version of Network Rendering.

cmindler

It's actually a demo of the software which is the following exe "keyshot_network_setup_64bit_180912.exe"

guest84672

This is the latest build. You are using KeyShot 3.3 as well?

cmindler

Yes we are running a floating license of keyshot 3.3.33 64 bit.  The texture's don't fall off for every image we render, I thought it might have been if the textures were with the bip file or not, but that doesn't seem to matter.  It is almost random in nature.  The animations not rendering is all the time however.

Brandon Davis

Quote from: cmindler on January 17, 2013, 06:33:47 AM
Yes we are running a floating license of keyshot 3.3.33 64 bit.  The texture's don't fall off for every image we render, I thought it might have been if the textures were with the bip file or not, but that doesn't seem to matter.  It is almost random in nature.  The animations not rendering is all the time however.

Are you getting the same results if you render using 'Background' render inside of KeyShot? If the error occurs, can you please send the file to support@luxion.com via keyshot.wetransfer.com?

cmindler

Just checked it with an image that didn't render the textures to the network renderer and to backround the same setup renders fine.

Brandon Davis

Quote from: cmindler on January 22, 2013, 01:02:42 PM
Just checked it with an image that didn't render the textures to the network renderer and to backround the same setup renders fine.

Perhaps you could send the file to support@luxion.com so we can take a look? If the file is large, please use keyshot.wetransfer.com.

cmindler

I was just about to transfer a file, but had one last idea to try.  We were using .tif files for the textures (in particular in this case they were saved with transparancy on) I swapped them out for .png files of the same images and that did the trick.  Thank you for all your help.

KeyShot

tif files should work. Can you say how the files were named? We may have addressed this in KS4. If you contact info@luxion.com then we can set you up with a trial of the new network rendering, so you can see if that resolves the issue.