Subassemblies not recognized on import

Started by mgrant, January 30, 2013, 11:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgrant

I have a large assembly (~2000 parts and ~1.3GB when it is in KS) that I set up for rendering a product in several different configurations.  To make things easier on myself I have nine subassemblies to allow me to easily show and hide various components.  However, when I import into KeyShot, several of the subassemblies aren't maintained and their parts are simply dumped into the tree.  When I try to import using the plugin SolidWorks immediately crashes.  I'm running SW2012 and KeyShot 3.3.33.

guest84672

It would be best if you could share this model with us so we can take a look. It is difficult to determine what the issue may be without seeing the data. You can use wetransfer.keyshot.com to do the transfer.

Thanks,
Thomas

mgrant

I'll have to check into the feasibility of transferring the files.  Confidential data and all.  I'm assuming that you would want the Solidworks assembly not the bip.

guest84672

correct. The whole assembly. We treat all data with the utmost confidentiality.

mgrant

I went through the bip more closely and found that KeyShot had maintained the original structure and then duplicated the parts in the assemblies and dumped them into the main tree.  I was able to prune out the duplicates and still maintain the structure that I had created.

I haven't been able to get approval to upload anything yet, and am unsure of how likely it will be, but at least there is a work around of sorts.