Renders and help please!

Started by mjb, February 19, 2013, 02:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjb

Hi!
Newby here  :)
I've been doing 'ok' with KS, but I'm still not upto scratch with the interior studio shots. Could you kindly tell me what I'm doing wrong please? Honestly, its my dream to create photorealistic studio shots, for years I've been jealous of the renders on the internet, but thanks to Keyshot.. I'm on my way. I love this software  :D It does something that I thought I would never manage.
Anyways, exterior first (I'm fairly pleased with these)

Interior shots are not great are they? Can someone recommend a paint setting for me?..i'd really appreciate it... in fact ANY pointers would be great.

Huge thanks!

guest84672

It mostly comes down to lighting. Try some different environments. The one you are using is a bit busy.

mjb

will do, thanks Thomas, appreciate  it

mjb

I think that's better, a bit more subtle in the lighting?

TpwUK

Thats definitely looking better, don't forget you can rotate and chage the size, height, brightness and gamma of your environment, also the sudden drop off shadow at the rear can be fixed with adjusting the size of the ground settings too

Martin

Despot

What Thomas said is correct... but also material shaders have a big say in realism also...

Don't be afraid to experiment with KS's fantastic materials... metallic paints, Du Pont paints etc

J

mjb

ok will do, thanks guys.
I'm just rendering a strange experiment! I made a HDRI from a lumion image(!), which opens up all sorts of possibilities... I'll post it up a bit later.

mjb

oh and yes, the drop off shadow was me enlarging the car too much to match the HDRI!

mjb

Well, that turned out kinda nice - a lumion render, into photoshop (2 x same image side by side), convert to HRDI and voila!
Resolution is a bit iffy, but I'm sure I can sort that.

mjb

Rings made in sketchup with luminosity. Lambo from Grabcad, which has the most amazing level of details I've ever seen... even down to part numbers stamped on the inside of the wheel.

mjb

mjb