VR with animated objects??

Started by E-Samurai, February 05, 2013, 06:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Samurai

Hello all,

How is it possible to have VR and Animation both work together like this example : http://keyshot.com/vr/LonginesExplode/LonginesExplode.html
Plus, that last example had 100 frames, while in the interface it limits my horizontal count to 36. Any help about this please?

guest84672

Yes - you need to shorten the animation to 1 sec, and then enable "include" animation in the render tab for KeyShotVR. Note that it will only work for turntable VRs. The number of frames doesn't matter. You can increase the number of frames by typing in a higher number.

E-Samurai

Thank you Thomas! That was very helpful :) One more note about the watch, was the watch itself animated in order to achieve the camera shift effect, while using the ordinary turntable? Or something else?
Besides, can you point me to where the "include" option is?
Thanks!

guest84672

I don't remember.

Render > KeyShotVR > Advanced > Uncheck "Hide Animations"

E-Samurai

Thanks Thomas :) Found it. What about the camera FOV and positions? Is that possible to edit in turntable VR?

guest84672

I am not sure what you mean. Can you explain?

E-Samurai

Sure :) I mean, the default turntable is rotating constantly around one point, no zooms or "field of view" changes occur (this means the perspective becomes more sharp or more flat), but in the watch VR I noticed that the camera moves a bit when you're viewing it from behind to the left of the watch, then comes closer to it again. I was just wondering, was that a trick done by just moving the whole watch ? or can we really animate the path and properties of a turntable camera to achieve such effect?

guest84672

It was indeed a trick. We rendered out a TT animation with camera animation, and then manually compiled it into a KeyShotVR.

E-Samurai

Aha ... I also thought so .. Is there a way of doing this without editing the java script or without having to render twice?

guest84672

You don't have to edit the java script - only the html file.

Render out a turntable VR - any will do.
Render out the animation - don't go crazy on the frames (more frames, more memory, longer load times)
Rename all the animation frames such that they start with 0_x: 0_1.jpg, 0_2.jpg etc
Delete all the images in the VR folder
Dump all the renamed animation frames in there
Edit the html file and adjust the image resolution (inmageWidth, imageHeight) so it matches the frames of the animation, and the number of images in the u direction (uCount), and set the start frame (uStartIndex)

That should do the trick.

E-Samurai

Thank you a ton Thomas! That was really helpful. I appreciate your assistance so much :)

guest84672

My pleasure! Eventually we will be able to do this all inside of KeyShotVR.

E-Samurai

Yeah! Can't wait for the next version :)

E-Samurai

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for you help it really helped me out! I need one more clarification please.
If I need to zoom without losing the image quality, is there a way to integrate a higher resolution image in a smaller frame? Say I rendered at 800x600, and I want the frame to be 640x480, so when I zoom in the details still look sharp?

Thanks!

guest84672

I'm not sure. Let me ask development how you could this.