It's an hard work (Evilmau works influence)

Started by tsunami, February 07, 2013, 03:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

i have been charmed about Evilmaul self portrait work...wow!he is  magician on this kind of stuff.
I'm still not ready with my organic face model, still on wip..it's really hard..a lot different from cars ???..
But this one is just a funny try ..and model is not mine!it's a head scan model, and i only renderized ..with keyshot power...i just love this.
Regards
Aldo

evilmaul

hey Aldo...good start. I think I saw this scan rendered elsewhere ..maybe in octane...I wasnt that impressed with it. Henrik translucent shader is the best shader that I ve ever used. Now the head looks a way too saturated...so unless it was a wanted effect you might want to try and desaturate your diffuse textures  and the sss color as well. Since the resulting color is a mix of both (sorry to give such a cheap explanation to what it's a way more complicated computation behind the scene :) , you might have to run a few tests with different saturation (and perhaps brightness/contrast) in your diff map

DriesV

Quote from: evilmaul on February 07, 2013, 05:15:39 PM
Henrik translucent shader is the best shader that I ve ever used.

+1
Agreed! ;)

It really is quite amazing.

Dries

tsunami

hey Aldo...good start. I think I saw this scan rendered elsewhere ..maybe in octane...I wasnt that impressed with it. Henrik translucent shader is the best shader that I ve ever used. Now the head looks a way too saturated...so unless it was a wanted effect you might want to try and desaturate your diffuse textures  and the sss color as well. Since the resulting color is a mix of both (sorry to give such a cheap explanation to what it's a way more complicated computation behind the scene :) , you might have to run a few tests with different saturation (and perhaps brightness/contrast) in your diff map
I will try to adjust map and light too..to get a better result.
But i didn't understand what you meant for henrik translucent shader..could you explain me better please?
Do u mean about Henrik Jensen from Pixar?? so do u mean his technique with 2 pass render?
Regards

KeyShot

Quote from: tsunami on February 08, 2013, 03:36:32 AM
But i didn't understand what you meant for henrik translucent shader..could you explain me better please?
Do u mean about Henrik Jensen from Pixar?? so do u mean his technique with 2 pass render?
Regards

It has been more than 10 years, since I worked for Pixar :) KeyShot is using a newer technique for the translucent material.

-- Henrik

tsunami

Quote from: KeyShot on February 08, 2013, 09:50:09 AM
Quote from: tsunami on February 08, 2013, 03:36:32 AM
Regards

It has been more than 10 years, since I worked for Pixar :) KeyShot is using a newer technique for the translucent material.

-- Henrik
Owhh...i didn't know u was the same Henrik!!ops! :-[....that's because i asked about you, ..that render way tecnique is older now...
So good to know u are that Henrik..and this new keyshot translucent shader is from you..
Aldo

Imz

I will be really interested to see how this evolves; you've set yourself up for an interesting experiment!

tsunami

Something different...just a try again...

Angelo

Is this the face you make when you doo doo xp? Nice work!

tsunami