ProE plugin 64bit

Started by Magnus, June 29, 2010, 07:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus

Hey I actually already posted this email message to the support group, but wanted to post it here to see if anybody else had any problems with their pro E plugin.

I deal with aircraft seats a lot, and admit those are heavy files, but the Keyshot proe plugin hangs halfway through the conversion process and it doesn't import the file.  I have tried supressing files that I don't see, but the nature of the seat means there's a lot of metal exposed.

With the bunkspeed proe plugin, it imports the exact same file without problems. Why is this happening?  Any ideas?

(I run a 64bit Windows 7 machine, with the I7 Intel 2.67 Ghz, 4 gigs of ram and quadro fx 3800)

Magnus

guest84672

The plugin is the exact same. Are you using KeyShot 2?

NormanHadley

Magnus - I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to take Wildfire 4 data into Keyshot 2 on an XP64, i7 machine with 6GB RAM. It works in Keyshot 1.9.54 but not 2.0.38.

guest84672

Yes - we know what the problem is. We will have an update shortly.

RichardB

Quote from: Thomas Teger on June 30, 2010, 01:53:39 PM
Yes - we know what the problem is. We will have an update shortly.

seems it's the same problem in the other thread, isn't it?
My temporary fix: Install the hypershot 1.9 plugin and run it. Save the .bip in hypershot 1.9 and re-open it in keyshot 2.

regards
Richard

guest84672

Yes - I think so.

Or you can import the Pro/E file directly. I suggest decreasing the tessellation parameter to 0.05 in the preferences prior to importing. It works quite well, plus you can easily update the geometry in the scene without losing any work after making changes to the Pro/E model.

Thomas

idesignstuff

Hey all, I'm just getting started with keyshot, and I'm running 64 bit pro/e on 64 bit XP.
The 64 bit plugin, when installed, gives me an error message on load:
Pro/TOOLKIT application "KeyShot" was built to run with a newer version of Pro/ENGINEER.
Pro/TOOLKIT version 0.0, Pro/ENGINEER version 26.0

I'm running build M240. I guess that's too old to be supported. Any workarounds?

Sam

It's not enough just to give datecode, which version is it? Wildfire 2-3-4-5?

I think you are just pointing to the wrong version (when installing plugins, it deploys plugin for every version of Pro/E...)

can you check what the protk.dat says? (it would point to a variable)
check what the variable is
check if this corresponds to your install path of the plugin :-)