Pro/E import with Keyshot4 [solved]

Started by Thalenberghen, February 14, 2013, 04:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thalenberghen

Just a minute ago i got the new Keyshot 4 educational edition. As I'm always a bit annoyed by the amount of bugs in new versions of Keyshot, I figured I will start to post them all in the forums.
At the moment I'm struggling to get the plugin working with Pro/E. I'm pretty sure it worked with the exact same setup in Keyshot 3. The .dll apears to get loaded properly by Pro/E, but there appears no entry in the menu. I had some issue with 32 vs. 64bit in the past, but I don't think that's it, as this normally throws an error alike "the application can't be started". Pro/Engineer, Keyshot and the plugin should all be 64bit.

In the meantime I also noticed that the readme of the plugin talks alot about Keyshot3, which could be changed to clarify things a bit more.

Also, is there any way to change the path of the ressources directory? I always get that wrong during installation. Why is the standard path of the software Keyshot4 without blank and the ressources directory creates a subdirectory with blank, that's not shown in the path....? This is extremely counter-intuitive to say the least.

By the way I really like the new features I saw in your list, if they work like I think. Livelinking will save so much time, thanks alot about that.

Thalenberghen

I figured it out, reading that readme beforehand would have helped :D. It's not supposed to show up anymore I guess. Still useful information for all others that try to use it. You have to add the buttons now manually to one of the other toolbars.

DonChunior

But you can recreate the desired menu structure by using the config.win, that' what I did.