WF4 plugin & Keyshot 4, missing models

Started by soldes, February 20, 2013, 03:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldes

Hello,
I have a model of a complete agricultural machine which needs to be rendered showing our plastic hood parts. The complete assembly is so heavy, opening it in master rep is nearly impossible, so I made a simplified representation to open. All components I want to show are in master state, all others are excluded from this representation.
Not a single model gets exported to Keyshot 4 using the plugin, only camera orientations. All models are solids, no quilts.
Is this a known issue, does the plugin require the assembly to be openend in master representation before it can export a simplified representation?

Rendering it with Keyshot 3 isn't a option due to the already known issue of the assembly regeneration (see other topic). The files we received from the client start regenerating with issues causing Pro/E to crash.

Regards,
Dominick

Chad Holton

Hi Dominick,

It should open the rep you chose after you hit render, so it won't matter if you're looking at the master or not. Just curious, what tess value are you using? Have you tried other ProE files to see if that particular model is giving you the issue?

Best regards,
Chad

soldes

Chad, thanks for the answer.
I did some more testing. For that particular assembly I did open it in master rep (made some coffee, drank some cofee, and waited some more). When loaded I could send the desired rep to Keyshot 4 with the plugin, tesselation on 0.5 and the model came up without issues.
Another test with a model containing a complete back hoe cab model exported the simplified rep without loading the master but again models where missing (press parts so more complex surface wise) even on a tesselation level of 1. Loading the master model first and then exporting the simpl.rep resulted in a complete model in Keyshot without any missing parts on a tesselation level of 0.5.
Very strange, never had this issue with Keyshot 3
Regards,
Nick

Chad Holton

Oh yes, I have an assembly in Creo that brings my computer to it's knees and begs forgiveness, when using the plug-in on it. I have 8 gigs of RAM and it uses almost every bit (or byte  ;D ). I doubt you would need any tess value higher than .5, unless you have an extreme closeup to do of it. Anyhow, thanks for the feedback and I'll take a look and try to recreate your issue.