Animated transitions between saved camera views

Started by DriesV, January 08, 2013, 01:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

It would be nice if it were possible to make animated transitions between 2 saved camera views.
It could be a new animation type with settings for duration, easing in/out... Just like the current animation types.

You can sort of get the same result using the current camera animation tools, but there are situations where view transitions would be more practical/appropriate.
Say, you want to create a looping animation of a camera focussing (close ups) on a number of parts/features of a product. Getting interesting views of these parts often requires a combination of camera rotations, inclinations, translations... Keeping track of those transformations, in order to return to your original view (and thus completing the loop), can be quite challenging.
Also, with multiple close ups in 1 animation currently DOF can't be used, as the focal point is fixed and tied to your 1 active camera.

If KeyShot would support animated view transitions, you would first create regular camera views of the different parts.
Then you would add a 'transition animation' between 2 consecutive views. Add a final transition animation between first and last view and you're done!
As a result the camera views and DOF would gradually transform and loop!  8)

Dries

PhilippeV8

degruch

+2...I've been swearing at this all morning. What is the point of having multiple camera views if I can't roll them together...wouldn't you simply create a separate animation altogether?

KeyShot

PhilippeV8

Quote from: KeyShot on February 14, 2013, 05:27:53 PM
This is high on our todo list.

Is it saying "I can see my house from heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeee" ?

:P

DriesV