Bathroom environment

Started by chillout, February 23, 2013, 08:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillout

Hi there,

I was working on a bathroom and I got stuck on some problems. The biggest problem was the lightning in global. I searched on the forum how I had to setup a complete room. Some told that you had to close everything and that you had to push the light trough the window. I took this as the most realistic situation. So I did this but there almost came no light trough the window. So the next thing that I did was opening the walls that you can't see and used some emissive materials. But it gave me a bad image and a rescaling effect on the space of my room. Can someone  help me out?

DriesV

Are you using KS4?
If so, area light on large planar faces are your biggest friend in this situation. ;)

You can also toggle off visibility of the planes, just like with the emissive material.

Dries

chillout

DriesV

If interior rendering constitutes a significant portion of your work, you should definitely consider getting the upgrade to KS4.

KS4's area lights are much better suited for general lighting than the emissive material of KS3. Plus you can dial in real-world intensity values. Oh, you can use point & IES lights too! ;)

With KS3 you mostly have to tweak and 'butcher' (delete walls etc.) your interior model to let enough light in. In KS4 you can use area lights as fill lights very effectively and you can use your original model without removing walls.

Dries

chillout

Ok, I will do this. I have one more question. Normally I putted another color on the bottom of the tub in solidworks. So I could give it in keyshot another material. But now it is a sub-subassembly and it doesn't show up anymore as another part. Do you know how I can do this? Tnx

DriesV

Did you apply the color on the part level? Have you maybe overridden the part material on the assembly level?
How do you import your SW model into KeyShot? Do you use the plugin?

Dries

chillout

Could be that I added in part mode and also in assembly mode. Can be the problem. I don't import with a plug in

edwardo

eh?? are you trying to pedal plumbing supplies? What a tenuous link to this thread. Would you like to buy some of my magic beans, samlucas?

Stephen Craine

Plumbing supply is a basic need of an individual due to the need of clean and safe water for drinking, proper collection and transport of wastes. Plumbing supplies will serve you with all these facilities and make your way of living simple and easy by managing your things of day to day life with proper arrangement of waste disposal and supplies of basic needs.
Tom Plumb