HDR Light Studio on Mac?

Started by Saloff, February 26, 2013, 04:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGON

If you are running KeyShot Pro, you can use the KeyShot HDR Editor which allows you to set a highlight by clicking onto the model. Can you explain in a little more detail? Thanks!

PhilippeV8

I haven't tried that yet.  Didn't know it could do that.  Thought it was a feature why folks did want HDR LS to work on Mac .. for that very reason.  I'll have to try that tomorrow.

ddolezal

Just wanted to add my two cents:

I just bought HDR Light studio just to find out that there is still no KeyShot integration on the mac.
Sure, the Editor in Keyshot Pro does create interesting results - but I find it a little bit sad that a promise made almost a year ago still has not been implemented.

So I as well would love to see tighter Keyshot integration on the mac.

Just wasted 300 BPounds.....

Dieter

thomasteger

I can't see where a promise was made other than saying that we will get to it "soon". You can always load your HDRIs manually.

Caspian

Here's another vote for HDR Light Studio integration on the Mac side.

That software is the only reason I have a Windows partition on my Mac.

It would be a great convenience to be able to use HDRLS where I do most of my work without a reboot.

Thanks for listening.

Lee

ddolezal

Quote from: Thomas Teger on May 14, 2013, 01:34:06 PM
Resources and priorities, to be honest. We will get to it soon.

If you are running KeyShot Pro, you can use the KeyShot HDR Editor which allows you to set a highlight by clicking onto the model.

Just a question: as more than 18 Months have passed since the statement that Mac Integration of HDR Light Studio will be available "soon" I would like to know I the plans to integrate via plugin on the mac platform have been dropped or postponed until 2020.

Any information (except "you can load HDRI images manually")?

Best regards,

Dieter

KeyShot

The plans have been dropped. We are focusing on the integrated HDR editor in KeyShot.

Caspian

This is extremely disappointing.

Is this a resource issue or a competitive move?

KeyShot

It is due to actions from Lightmap that caused us to cease the development.