Geometry Missing

Started by cmcconnell, February 26, 2013, 05:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmcconnell

I have tried several times to import Inventor 2013 geometry by opening the .iam files with Keyshot. After some time, these models open, but the majority of the parts do not import.

What can I do to make this work?

I have had to export them as a .stp file and import them that way.

bross

Quote from: cmcconnell on February 26, 2013, 05:53:25 AM
I have tried several times to import Inventor 2013 geometry by opening the .iam files with Keyshot. After some time, these models open, but the majority of the parts do not import.

What can I do to make this work?

I have had to export them as a .stp file and import them that way.

I agree with you. There is problem between Autodesk Inventor 2013 and Keyshot 4 when you do geometry in sheet metal option then import to Keyshot 4 but part don't import.  :(

guest84672

Can you please provide an example so we can investigate?

Thanks.

cmcconnell

Sure - here is an example. this image is the assembly in Inventor Pro 2013 SP1.1 Update 2

this is after import into Keyshot 4.0 Pro

And the inventor assembly can be downloaded from here. The assembly shown is XX0010-FT2-MA0040.

Brandon Davis

Can you provide us with the CAD data? You can send the file via keyshot.wetransfer.com to support@luxion.com. We will investigate the issue here.

DonChunior

He already wrote, that you can download the models from there and that it is the assembly XX0010-FT2-MA0040.

alanambrose

Yeah me too. Out of 3 models that I have imported into my new copy of KeyShot, 2 had missing sections - and I bought KeyShot only to use with Inventor. That's a pretty poor average, anyone in the KeyShot team think of doing any testing? It's not the customer's job to test your product btw. Lofts seem to do it easily (but that's just what I happen to be using right now). Add a few test cases with lofts to your test suite?

alanambrose

On a slightly different subject, how come Inventor's standard display real-time render is better than Keyshot's 30s render? Some settings somewhere?

alanambrose

Another one - this time from step files. Not sure how the missing square chunk comes about - there's no actual geometry defined there. Can we have a commitment to fix this bug? Timescale?

alanambrose

Ah the silence of a software vendor that can't be bothered to fix obvious bugs...

guest84672

If you can provide the file we can look into it.

As an alternative we have found that export to CATIA from Inventor will give the best results.

cmcconnell

See my post above - there is a link at the bottom, under my screenshots...

guest84672

Yes - I got that. It has been reported to the developer.

cmcconnell

cmcconnell

Has there been any progress made with this issue?