Queued renders in the network rendering queue stuck on 'Preparing'/'Ready

Started by jamesg91, March 07, 2013, 01:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesg91

Hi,

I sent 15 images to the network queue before I left work last night, assuming they would all be waiting for me when I sat down at my desk this morning. I come in to find the queue still full and the topmost render still 'preparing', even though we have a 128 core network license and the images weren't of superb quality. We first added the renders to the queue and then sent the entire queue to the network, but this should not be a problem?

Is there any solution to renders that are stuck like this? Is there a cause? We only updated to Keyshot 4 two days ago (master, floating licence, all pro licences), and also updated the network queue too - is this likely to be the fault?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, it's quite an urgent issue!

Thanks

guest84672

As mentioned in the e-mail to you, try and restart the Master. Brandon will get in touch with you as well.

jamesg91

jp_li

we are also having this issue,  renders will get stuck on the network during the preparing stage.  We have had to restart the queue multiple times and it comes back, but it continues to hang after a while.

is there any other resolve to this issue that we can look into?

thank you

jp li

Brandon Davis

What version of network rendering are you using, jp_li? You can find the version within the network queue under 'Help' -> 'About'. 

Could you try enabling debug output on the machines for me? On
Windows, open "settings.ini" located where your network resources are
located, per default this location is:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\KeyShot 4 Network Resources

In the common section at the top, directly below "language=" please enter:

debugLevel=5

So that you have the following:

[common]
language=english
debugLevel=5

[master]
... master info here

Save the file, do this for both the slave and master machines,
followed by a restart of all slaves and the master using the
configurator.

This should create 1 file on the master and 1 on each slave (2 on the
master machine if it is also a slave).

render_master.log
render_slave.log

Located next to where your "settings.ini" was found. Next time your jobs become in this state send me the log files from the machines.(brandon@luxion.com)

alpesm

HI all, i have the same problem! How can i solve it?
Thanks you!!!

Brandon Davis

Alpesm,

You will need to restart the master service through the "KeyShot4 network configurator" app. Make sure all the slaves and queues connect back to the master after the restart, and try again. If the problem persists, could you enable the debug information using the instructions in the above reply?

In the next update of network rendering this will be resolved.

alpesm

Thanks!
When the new version of Network Queue wil be released?