Main Menu

pizza Napoletana

Started by schneich, June 15, 2013, 08:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schneich

The latest Pizza Restaurant rendering, for a descrition of "Vera Pizza Napoletana"
The Idea was to have all the Features of a real authentic Pizza Napoletana (leopard Spots, Tomato Sauce, puffy Rim, nicely melted Mozzarella and Basil)
slightly exaggerated to  a Point everyone understands.

Modeled in Moi3d, UVmap in UVlayoutpro, Texturing and sculpting in Mudbox 2013....

edwardo

fario

miam miam,

no no no!

I do not believe you.

this pizza is a photo.

and then prove it!

Antoine

DriesV

Holy cow, that pizza looks very yummy!
Mission accomplished, I guess...

Dries

PhilippeV8

oh no, not pizza again ;)  :P  8)

jbeau

Beautiful!! Now I'm hungry:D

Josh3D

guest84672

Very well done. It looks quite real!

How long did it take to bake ... eh, render? I would think that it is probably pretty quick?

schneich

at a res of 6000px it took about 15h (retina macbook pro 15")

tsunami

Fantastic one!..really a great job...wow
Could u show some textures about it?
Regards

EGON

Is this the same as a  margarita pizza?

PhilippeV8

@EGON:

Neapolitan pizza (pizza napoletana): Authentic Neapolitan pizzas are typically made with tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese. They can be made with ingredients like San Marzano tomatoes, which grow on the volcanic plains to the south of Mount Vesuvius, and mozzarella di bufala Campana, made with the milk from water buffalo raised in the marshlands of Campania and Lazio in a semi-wild state (this mozzarella is protected with its own European protected designation of origin).[7]

According to the rules proposed by the Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana,[8] the genuine Neapolitan pizza dough consists of wheat flour (type 0 or 00, or a mixture of both), natural Neapolitan yeast or brewer's yeast, salt and water. For proper results, strong flour with high protein content (as used for bread-making rather than cakes) must be used. The dough must be kneaded by hand or with a low-speed mixer. After the rising process, the dough must be formed by hand without the help of a rolling pin or other machine, and may be no more than 3 millimetres (0.12 in) thick. The pizza must be baked for 60 to 90 seconds in a 485 degC (905 degF) stone oven with an oak-wood fire.[9] When cooked, it should be crispy, tender and fragrant. There are three official variants: pizza marinara, which is made with tomato, garlic, oregano and extra virgin olive oil, pizza Margherita, made with tomato, sliced mozzarella, basil and extra-virgin olive oil, and pizza Margherita extra made with tomato, mozzarella from Campania in fillets, basil and extra virgin olive oil. The pizza napoletana is a Traditional Speciality Guaranteed (Specialit

schneich

tsunami

Quote from: schneich on June 18, 2013, 09:01:59 AM
i gladly share with you the .bip file :-)

http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,6138.0.html

cheers

torsten
Very good model schneich!!!...i saw it,...but what about textures? did u do by yourself...or what?
Thanks

schneich

i modeled the base model with moi3d, exported a pretty low res .obj (UV layoutpro gets really sloooow with large  models) into UVlayout pro where i did the UV mapping to have nice textures without seams. Next i import the resulting .obj into Mudbox, there is a feature where you can paint with an image directly onto the model, i used that, and a bunch of photos (some for the rim, some for the center) to get the texture onto the model, next i used the sculpting tools of mudbox to enhance the features of the pizza (thebasil, cheese areas and the black bubbles) i also added some surface texture. finally i created a reflection map in mudbox mainly in the center, then export the resulting .obj and the two texture layers. imported into keyshot, voila :-)

cheers

torsten s.