Missing parts in Keyshot 4 using the Creo Plug-in

Started by sdesaulles, March 13, 2013, 07:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdesaulles

Are any other users experiencing missing parts when taking an assembly into Keyshot from a ProE assembly?

I have been 'playing' with the new plugin and KS4, I normally use KS4 for industrial Design, but am just using it for a kitchen design currently.  I find that particular units just don't carry across into KS4 from Creo2.  I was using a "render" simplified rep and assumed it might be a problem with that, so used the "master rep" assuming I could then delete out unwanted components within KS4, but no, it just didn't come through.

Tried various import options settings in the plugin, switching off live linking etc, nothing helped.  Tried opening the Creo assembly from within Creo,   The only way to get all the part data into KS4 seems to be to write a STEP file and reopen what is now a 'dumb' feature free file in Creo2 and then use that.

Which rather undermines all the live link and plugin capability. since it is no longer linked to the original assembly.  Is there a way to 'force' KS4 to import everything using the Creo plugin?

The images attached show the issue.

Any insights much appreciated. I tried the live linking etc with a couple of very small / simple assmblies and it looked really promising, but I can't see what I'm doing wrong here.

Thanks for any steers - or let me know if you're finding the same issue.

Stephen

Chad Holton

Hi Stephen,

Not sure what the issue could be here. Are you able to share the Creo file with me? If so, please use: https://keyshot.wetransfer.com and send to chad@luxion.com.

Thanks,
Chad

guest84672

Do the individual parts import through the plugin?
What happens if you import the entire assembly directly, rather than using the plugin?

sdesaulles

Yes, individual parts, and sub assemblies,  import with the plugin.

From the mac version of KS4, importing the Creo Assy, it says there is no data there.

From the W7 side it says "luxion_geometry.exe" has stopped working.

then Keyshot 4 import error, 135GS_kitchen_04.asm8 does not contain 3d geometry. (not true, it does) you may need to export polygonal geometry from your modelling system. For additional help please contact support@luxion.com ....

Thanks

Stephen

guest84672

Ok - we definitely need the file then. We will take a look and get it fixed.

sdesaulles

Hi Thomas,

Creo file already sent to Chad as requested above.

Thanks,

Stephen

itsterril

All of our users here are having the same issue with the Plug in from Proe WF4 into Keyshot4. I just completed all updates but still no go as far as getting all the geometry in. I need a work around or a fix.

guest84672

cyhuang111

Hi all.
I got same problem here. Is plugin be fixed?
I just upgraded to Keyshot 4 and install plugin for Proe wirefire 4.
When I export file to KS4 via plugin, several parts are missing.

It never happen in KS3 before.

Please help.

sdesaulles

Are you getting missing parts - like me, or no parts coming through at all?

The Creo2 file I sent in on the 14th had the same issues for their tech support - and has apparently now gone to the "plug-in guru" but still no news.

Would be good to get an answer to this though - as its one of the big 'steps on' with KS4, so if not working, not such a big step yet.

Mind you, still waiting for an answer re a question on using the axis of a 'helper object' from well over a month back, so I'm not holding my breath.

Stephen

sdesaulles

Just had the same issue again on a different assembly - v. dull.
Realised that I think the missing components are parts of sub assemblies, not the top level - could it be that the PlugIn struggles with multi level assemblies for some reason?

Can anyone with similar issue confirm?

Thanks

Stephen

guest84672

We are looking into it. Seems like something on the Pro/TOOLKIT side. We will keep you posted.

itsterril

yea, i concour that it is subassemblies that dont seem to completly come in. If i open that subasm in pro e and try to just bring in that model, it works....

sdesaulles

OK, that might give the plugin guru a steer on what the issue could be related to - although correlation does not equal causality.

Thanks for the feedback.

Interestingly, the other assembly I had the issues with subsequently imported correctly - ironically once I had added some further sub assemblies to it.