Missing parts in Keyshot 4 using the Creo Plug-in

Started by sdesaulles, March 13, 2013, 07:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyhuang111

cmindler

We were have the same issue with parts not showing up going from Creo 2.0 to Keyshot 4.  Worked fine to Keyshot 3.  Anyway, I started a new blank assembly (empty) and added the full model to that assebly.  The export to Keyshot worked perfectly.  A work around (you loose camera angles and whatnot), but the model does come through without missing any parts.

Chad Holton

cmindler

Chad Holton

Hi cmindler - Would you be able to share a simple Creo file that has this issue with me? If so, please send to chad@luxion.com

Thanks,
Chad

roycrerar

Plugin is totally useless missing huge chunks of models going from creo1(wildfire5) to keyshot 4. Boss not impressed that I cannot supply rendered images for client presentations. HELP needed URGENTLY!! >:(

Chad Holton

Hi Roy,

It's hard to say what's happening without an example. First, make sure you're running the latest plug-in from here: http://www.keyshot.com/downloads/plugins/
If you still have missing parts, would you be able to provide a simple example file that is giving you this same issue? If so, please send to chad@luxion.com (if it's huge (10+meg) use https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/)

Thanks,
Chad

id355

Hi Chad,

I have this problem on a daily basis and have stopped using the plugin. I made a simple assembly in Creo 2.0 and lost part of the model. I can send both the .asm and .bip to you at the email address below. I think it may have something to do with sub assemblies, but not sure.

Thanks,

id355

Chad Holton

Quote from: id355 on September 23, 2013, 11:50:56 AM
Hi Chad,

I have this problem on a daily basis and have stopped using the plugin. I made a simple assembly in Creo 2.0 and lost part of the model. I can send both the .asm and .bip to you at the email address below. I think it may have something to do with sub assemblies, but not sure.

Thanks,

id355

Thanks for sending, David - I'll check them out and let you know what I find.

Chad

NormanHadley

Hi Chad

Can you clarify what the latest version of the plug-in is? The link you provided goes to V2.1 but I have V2.2 installed. I don't have missing parts but my machine hangs whenever I try to use live linking.

Norman
(I'm on CreoElements/Pro 5.0 (a.k.a. Wildfire 5.0) and KS4.1)

Chad Holton

Hi Norman,

I'm guessing you're looking at the latest released Creo plugin (2.1)? The latest WF5/Elements plugin is 2.2.

I've ran across the same thing on my end (slow update) and it seems to happen with certain parts/assemblies. Do you have a simple sample assembly you would be willing to share that's giving you this issue. It might help us figure out what's causing it in certain cases.

Thanks,
Chad

Chad Holton

Quote from: id355 on September 23, 2013, 11:50:56 AM
Hi Chad,

Thanks,

id355

Thanks again for sending, David. I had just checked out your file and sent you a reply. If you don't see it, check your SPAM folder.

Chad

NormanHadley

Hi Chad

I think you're right that it's speed that's the fundamental issue. I am working on a whole-engine assembly with around 1GB of Pro/E data so the live link "hanging" might just mean I've never had the patience to see if it eventually updates. :-[

I've done some tests with a more manageable subassembly (I will email a zipped-up copy of this to you in a few minutes). With a tessellation level of 0.2, it takes only 5 seconds to convert to Keyshot, including firing up Keyshot itself. But if I reposition one of the components in Pro/E and click"Update Now!", the same geometry takes 25 seconds to re-convert. That doesn't seem right to me.

Norman

Chad Holton

Hi Norman,

Thanks for the feedback and sending - downloading it now.

Chad