cannot import custom material file to KS4

Started by jeffw, March 12, 2013, 01:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffw

I wonder if anyone has had a problem bringing in custom material files from KS3 to KS4. I windows explorer I copied my custom materials into the KS4 material folder but they do not show up in the Keyshot material library. I hit refresh but no show, only the Keyshot default material folders show. I go to material import and browse to where it is but it does not see the .kmt file. I have quit and restarted Keyshot but still nothing.

guest84672

Use the "Import" function inside the library. Browse to the kmt file and import it.

jeffw

Yes, I thought my post was clear that is what I was doing. It did work but not without an additional step. Fortunately I had not uninstalled KS3 so I opened it up and exported my custom materials to KS4 material library in a new folder. Now it KS4 it was able to see the file and imported my materials fine. Somehow KS didn't like copying the file in window explorer but wanted to copy it itself.

jhiker

Can't you just add a link to the folder under 'Preferences' - 'Folders' and then it will appear as a shared folder. You can then keep the KS4 folders 'clean' and keep all the shared stuff elsewhere.