Minimalistic carbon fiber ring

Started by Arian Shamil, March 12, 2013, 11:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arian Shamil

Ciao to everybody...
I saw a lot of masterpiece here on Keyshot forum so forgive me if my renders are "poor".
I'm not using Keyshot from a lot of time so I'm learning it day after day....and also sorry for my poor english :D
it's my first post here on Keyshot forum.... :)

Despot

I'm afraid it does not look like Carbon Fibre to me, increase the tiling amount by a factor of 2 and make the material more reflective - it should look like it has a coating...

guest84672

And add a bump map to add some depth to the carbon fiber.

Arian Shamil

Thanks a lot for the comment :)
I know i'm really really really far from a perfect render!
Your suggestions are precious for me!
I'm here to learn from you as much as possible!
P.S
Your carbon ring is AWESONE!

Despot

This one was done by making a copy of the carbon fibre geometry, then scaling it slightly to produce a clearcoat layer

So in KS use a diffuse carbon fibre material on the bottom layer and a glass material on the top for nice reflections

I've changed the original image, this is my last attempt using a different texture map

J

Arian Shamil

Thanks a lot to had replied to me again..
Yes i'm trying too to use a glass material on the bottom layer and the result is nice....But i still have some problem with the carbon texture....i'm searching the right setting to don't see the texture board...i've always problem when i'm repeating a texture on a surface/body plane ecc....the texture are "specular" and they create some visual problem...

Sorry guys for my primitive english :(

Arian Shamil

I've just did some "upgrade" to my ring...
Do you think it looks better?
I know it's still far to be perfect, but i hope it just a few better than before :)

tsunami

Quote from: biomechanic on March 12, 2013, 03:57:33 PM
This one was done by making a copy of the carbon fibre geometry, then scaling it slightly to produce a clearcoat layer

So in KS use a diffuse carbon fibre material on the bottom layer and a glass material on the top for nice reflections

I've changed the original image, this is my last attempt using a different texture map

J
follow biomechanic suggestions....this is great..