Let's See Your Amazing Fractal Shots!

Started by Josh3D, March 14, 2013, 08:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

TpwUK

Darn - I've looked at the bip file too, cant see any of the settings that might be goofing it, it forces me to close a session so it can load in, other than locking the aspect ratio it don't seem to do anything untoward ... I am at a loss here

sorry

Martin

Despot

Can somebody from Luxion not help please ?

Thanks

J

guest84672

@TpwUK - you will need to double click on the object. Then you can edit the shape of the fractal.

@biomechanic: Obviously the object is in the scene, otherwise it would be in the tree. Right click on the object inside the tree, and select "Look at". Then move the camera closer. I hope this solves it for you. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

feher

Ok in the scene tree do you have the object? If so right click on it and click edit material. The fractal has a bunch of slider move them around it should work.
Other than that I don't know what to do.
good luck.
Tim

Despot

Hey

Thanks everybody for the suggestions... got it working now, but only in KeyShot 4 32bit...

I've done 2 clean re-installs of KeyShot 64bit and it simply will not work... every other scene file I have opens and displays apart from this one.

I have no idea what's going on, I imagine Henrik might have an idea, but who knows...

Can someone tell me if the 32bit version is slower at rendering than 64bit - or is it just that the 64bit version can handle larger data sets and that's it...

J

KeyShot

It is quite strange that the fractal does not work on your computer. What kind of CPU do you have? We have seen some issues with AMD processors. The 32 bit version should be almost as fast. Besides the ability to use more memory 64 bit software has a slightly more efficient code structure, so it will generally give you a small performance boost. For the fractals 32 bit should be fine though and you can run KeyShot 32 and 64 bit side by side.

-- Henrik

ayamisawa

I added 2 objects, and applied point light deffuse material to them.

Despot

Henrik : Well, I've got an AMD processor, so it's starting to make sense... Might the issue be with the Floating Point Unit since I assume your fractal requires a lot of number crunching ?

Do you think you might be able to get it to work  on AMD 64bit processors - or are you not going to develop it any further ?

Anyway, managed to squeeze some renders out of KS4 32bit....