Main Menu

KS4

Started by PhilippeV8, March 27, 2013, 03:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

"Add Ground Plane" ... or "Ground Plane Texture" ...

! I LOVE IT !

Many thanks for this !

PhilippeV8

The Filter in the Scene/Parts tree ...

! I LOVE IT !

(now only enable the "order A-Z" / "order Z-A" ....)

PhilippeV8

This one shows exactly why I needed and now love the "ground" texture !  Thnx again for addin it !  8)

KeyShot

Thanks Philippe. Much appreciated.

guest84672

yes - this is excellent.

PhilippeV8

No, realy ... this is not excellent.  This is 90% similar to what I would have come up with in KS3 ...

What is excellent, is that I did this in maybe 30% the time I would've needed in KS3 + post.  THAT is what is excellent.  This option in KS4 is what is excellent !

IT IS !  ;)

PhilippeV8

Check this out, check this out !  ;D

jhiker

"Add Ground Plane" ... or "Ground Plane Texture" ...

Where is 'Ground Plane Texture', please - or do you just drag a texture onto it like any other part of the model?

PhilippeV8

It is a texture type.

It's in the list with "plastic", "diffuse", "emissive", "IES Light", etc etc.

Try it :)

jhiker

This one?
I'm missing something here - I'm really not sure how to apply a 'Ground Texture' - any tips, please?

PhilippeV8

Yes, that's the one.  Now if you got e.g. a scene with (in my case) a terrace covering and you got the building behind it in 3D, you give that "ground" material to the building.  The building then becomes transparent but does receive shadow.  Now when I align my scene with a photo of the building, the shadows of my terrace covering are placed accurately on the building in the backplate.

jhiker

Aha! I see. Many thanks for the explanation!

edwardo

Ahhh, i get it now! this is real handy for architectural shots i would imagine. Im guessing it could be tricky to line up geometry you've imported and set to 'ground' material with your backplate?

ed

jhiker

https://www.keyshot.com/learning/quicktips/

I'd appreciate a 'Quick Tip' on ground planes and ground textures  :)

KeyShot

Quote from: edwardo on February 24, 2014, 08:13:44 AM
Ahhh, i get it now! this is real handy for architectural shots i would imagine. Im guessing it could be tricky to line up geometry you've imported and set to 'ground' material with your backplate?

ed

In KeyShot 5 you will be able to match the perspective of the backplate :)