Environment background not rotating with objects in KeyShot VR

Started by justin.linnert, March 28, 2013, 06:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justin.linnert

Hi,
I searched and was unable to find anything on this.  I'm creating a KeyShot VR from the middle of a living room in a house, using turntable.  I selected a coffee table as the object to center the rotation around.  Everything works perfectly except I can see out the floor to ceiling windows that my environment is staying stationary while the model is rotating.  In other the environment isn't spinning with the model.  I can't tell if this just applies to the image or the lighting too.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Jusitn

guest84672

Chad Holton

If you have the animation option, you can create this by doing a camera orbit and using the frames from that animation in the VR. If you don't have that option, maybe you can create a cylinder and map an environment to it... just throwing an idea out there.

justin.linnert

Thomas, I work for Siemens and was actually in a meeting with you yesterday.  Small world!

Chad, I have the animation option but I'm a little confused how to use the frames from that animation in the VR.  Sorry, I'm a newb, could you elaborate.

Thanks,
Justin

Chad Holton

Sure, no prob:

- Setup a camera orbit to how you want it to look
- Change your animation time and adjust your FPS appropriately (so you don't end up with a huge amount of frames)
- Adjust your resolution (if needed) and be sure to render out the frames using JPG (uncheck "Video Ouput") and let it render out
- Make a copy of your VR files from a previous one
- Throw your freshly rendered frames in the folder containing the old frames (replacing them) and correct the frame names to the 0_#.jpg format

If you changed the amount of frames, you'll need to adjust the HTML to match. Let me know if you have any questions.

justin.linnert

Aww, okay.  So essentially I'm doing an orbit instead of a VR but taking the orbit images and putting them into the VR "container/format".  Good idea.  Thanks!  I'll give it a shot.
Justin