Macross Fanracer (Work in Progress)

Started by zpaolo, April 04, 2013, 12:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zpaolo

This is a new model I'm working on after many LEGO sets (just to remember that I still can model something different LOL)...

It's the Fanracer from Macross anime, I started from the original artist drawings and reinterpreted some details to give it a more "fluent" and smooth appearance, many details are still missing. Modeled in CREO Parametric, this is the first rendering, of course done in Keyshot.

Despot

:) Nice... would like to see other angles - is it going to have a landing gear or some such ?

Cheers

J

zpaolo

Quote from: biomechanic on April 04, 2013, 01:59:45 AM
:) Nice... would like to see other angles - is it going to have a landing gear or some such ?

Thank you, I'm going to produce other renderings (and other angles) as soon as I add more details and refinements, and yes it's going to have a landing gear (together with moveable wing surfaces, cockpit internals... still a lot of work lol)

Paolo

Despot

Cool, well if it's anything like your Lego stuff, it should be a stunner...

J

DriesV

Dang! I just happened to be fooling around with surface modeling in SolidWorks during lunch break. ;D
(product = nothing in particular, just freewheeling...)

That vehicle looks awesome btw. :)

Dries

zpaolo

Quote from: DriesV on April 04, 2013, 08:08:41 AMI just happened to be fooling around with surface modeling in SolidWorks during lunch break.

Well fooling around with surfaces is always the most funny part of modeling :D I like the material you used, what is that?

Paolo

DriesV

The textured plastic is Mold-Tech-15080, I think.
Metal is rough Titanium (roughness 0.15).
Both std. materials from KS library...

Dries