non-skin related portrait :P

Started by evilmaul, April 25, 2013, 08:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilmaul

the other night I was bored and.....i came up with this :)

edwardo

Fantastic!!!  Delicious!!! I want one now

I was wondering when a decent food image would appear

A mouthwateringly good shot. Nice work dude

Despot

Love them Marco - but the middle biscuit-like stuff looks a tad like stone...

The chocolate fondant is amazing though, RealFlow ? Maya Fluid ? or something else ?

regards

J

Josh3D

I saw this on your Facebook page and was wondering, is this real?? The chocolate looks SUPERB. Second version is my fav for sure.

evilmaul

thanks guys....I didnt spend much time on the texture part...this is basically like couple of hour playing with zbrush and keyshot :)
its all sculpted ...there is no fluid sim involved.

cheers,
Marco

TpwUK

Me thinks Marco has been watching too much master chef ... Cracking good job though

tsunami

Fantastic Marco...i love it, good render, also if  the middle material it's seem a stone.. ;)
Could you "share" how u get those materials?
Thx
Aldo

KeyShot

evilmaul

thanks guys! like I said this was a quick and dirty thing I ve done a few night back after having seen a pic of a mini cake somewhere on the net :) I didnt spend much time on it and I am aware that It could have been done much better....especially the 'stone' looking part which was supposed to be like a biscuit part made of toasted hazelnuts.
As fart as the shaders go nothing special here, they are almost all plastic materials...and if i remember well only the crumbs on top used the translucent shader...although one cannot really tell.
The model/sculpt all done in zbrush...even the powder on the plate is actually a high poly count plane intersecting te plate geometry and which has a very noisy pattern

cheers,
Marco

feher

Man this does look good ! Just a little blurr for the center goodness to soften it up.
It's a keeper
Tim
Thanks for sharing

Jeff Hayden

You are truly amazing. This resembles something we would see fro Abed Sabeh whom is also amazing with KeyShot. You are both in a class of your own always doing work that is totally outside of the box. I love it and am always looking forward to what comes next.