European Wasp Macroshot

Started by tsunami, April 16, 2013, 04:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

Here last my work, ..i'm still working on a texture but here a preview..
regards
Aldo

fario

this is beautiful!

I have no experience in the areas of sophisticated textures and I also like to know how you're doing?

uv map?
settings in Keyshot?
settings in the software modeling?

Have you modeled the bug yourself?

thank you

Antoine

TpwUK

Very nice Tsunami - I have tried a couple of macro shots here, they aint easy so keep it coming, you have my curiosity tweaked

Martin

tsunami

Quote from: TpwUK on April 17, 2013, 12:48:23 AM
Very nice Tsunami - I have tried a couple of macro shots here, they aint easy so keep it coming, you have my curiosity tweaked

Martin
thanks,yes u are right is not that easy..;-)

Despot

Way cool Aldo, I'm looking forward to seeing the final renders...

J

tsunami

Quote from: biomechanic on April 17, 2013, 04:44:08 AM
Way cool Aldo, I'm looking forward to seeing the final renders...

J
if will be better i'll upload.. ;D otherway no wayyyy....

tsunami

Quote from: Antoine on April 17, 2013, 12:22:02 AM
this is beautiful!

I have no experience in the areas of sophisticated textures and I also like to know how you're doing?

uv map?
settings in Keyshot?
settings in the software modeling?

Have you modeled the bug yourself?

thank you

Antoine
Hi Antoine, thanks for your comments..
I try to explain how i did textures: i tried on internet some photo images, about wasp "skin" and colour, and i got some photo info, but no one got my attention. So i got a real wasp macro photo with my brother Nikon D7100, eyes , legs etc etc (unfortunately  i had to sacrifice a wasp on the garden), after that i used photoshop and i created color, bump, specula and opacity maps..and i applied to the model. Uvmapping with 3dsmax.
If u take a look on my model Abandoned on the forest (u can find on the forum threads)u will see the same method ..
regards

tsunami

feher

Aldo,
You do some really nice automotive images.
But, after seeing what you have been doing with insects. WOW ! Very impressive.
Looks like it comes natural to you.
Keep up the Great work.
It's a keeper.
Tim

tsunami

Quote from: feher on April 18, 2013, 05:18:26 PM
Aldo,
You do some really nice automotive images.
But, after seeing what you have been doing with insects. WOW ! Very impressive.
Looks like it comes natural to you.
Keep up the Great work.
It's a keeper.
Tim
Thanks Tim, yes automotive is my word and my work too..but i like to improve keyshot experience.
I found that insects renders are not that easy to make, specially macroshots. But i like to play with it, and with textures.
Have you ever tried?
You really appreciate that my insects works..
Thanks
Aldo

DriesV

Quote from: tsunami on April 19, 2013, 09:03:25 AM
Thanks Tim, yes automotive is my word and my work too..but i like to improve keyshot experience.
I found that insects renders are not that easy to make, specially macroshots. But i like to play with it, and with textures.
Have you ever tried?
I second that, Aldo!
Modelling/rendering things totally unrelated to 'everyday work stuff' is a great way to improve skills. Very motivational too... (possibly too addictive as well... :D)

Btw, these are AWESOME shots!

Dries

tsunami

Quote from: DriesV on April 19, 2013, 09:33:47 AM
Quote from: tsunami on April 19, 2013, 09:03:25 AM
Have you ever tried?
I second that, Aldo!
Modelling/rendering things totally unrelated to 'everyday work stuff' is a great way to improve skills. Very motivational too... (possibly too addictive as well... :D)

Btw, these are AWESOME shots!

Dries
Thx Dries...yes sometimes i need to change from same autmotive work routine..so this is my experience with organic models..and insects renders are addictive.. ;D at the same time i'm working on a complete wasp spy drone, so this is an exercise for next release..
Unfortunately i still not have ks4, but i think also with ks3 the results are great...
Regards

Jeff Hayden

Am I the only one that thinks this bug's face looks just like Dennis Rodman? Other than that it looks great.

tsunami

Quote from: Jeff Hayden on April 24, 2013, 09:28:53 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this bug's face looks just like Dennis Rodman? Other than that it looks great.
Ahahahah Jeff,...now i'm seeing at wasp face...yes it's remember me something about Rodman.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jeff Hayden

Your work is absolutely awesome. Keep it up.