Main Menu

Aston Martin DBR4

Started by Thalenberghen, July 12, 2010, 03:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thalenberghen

Hi all,

just downloaded the trial version, to play a bit with it and I have to say I really like it. Sadly you can't save your work in the trial version and there are still some crashes, but I still had some good fun.

Sorry about the bad image quality, but the trial version doesnt allow for more.

Jan

guest84672

Not sure what you mean about "bad image quality, but the trial version doesn't allow for more"?

Also, what crashes where you experiencing?

Thalenberghen

Sorry about the confusion, I simply meant that you have to use the realtime render function with the trial version, if you don't want to have Keyshot written all over your picture and thus resolution is limited and you can't set antialising and so on. On my machine there are also some weird lines through the picture, but they aren't very obvious in this downscaled version of the picture. Maybe "bad" was the wrong word and I rather meant "not so perfect".

I really don't know whats the problem with the crashes and I can't imagine it's normal like that, but for example when I press the "New Part" button I always get a crash and there were several other crashes too.

Jan

guest84672

We know about the crash when creating a NEW PART from a running session of KeyShot. This will be fixed in the next update.

What kind of weird lines? Can you be more specific?

Thanks,
Thomas

Thalenberghen

Here's the original picture, to better make the problem visible:

You can see what I mean, if you look at the reflection at the front of the car. Always in the same distance, there are some dotted lines. If you zoom in, you can see that they change color and that's why they look like dots.

Greets
Jan

guest84672

Looks strange - this is definitely not coming from the application itself. Have you looked at the screenshot or rendering? I understand that there is KeyShot stamped all over, but those lines should disappear.

Thomas

Thalenberghen

Hey,
I did some further testing and those lines do disappear on the final render. During the tests I also discovered some new bugs, that I think are worth reporting, although you should already know about some of them:

- "Delete part" doesn't really delete a part, but instead hides it in some way. If you click on "Show all parts" deleted parts reappear, although they aren't in the list of parts anymore.
- When taking screenshots, the color of the "Keyshot" lettering sometimes gets messed up (like in this picture: http://www.abload.de/img/untitled.100sfg.jpg).
- Once, ater deleting a label, more labels, than actually existing appeared in the list. Clicking on one of them, crashed Keyshot.
- Sometimes crashes, when loading a new Environment. Havn't yet found out, what to do specifically to reproduce this.
- Not really severe but still annoying: If you close Keyshot intentionally, you often get a message by Windows, that the software doesn't respond anymore and has to be closed.

Hope that helps a bit, to further improve this great piece of software
Jan

guest84672

Try and download the latest version that has just been posted. You will see that many issues have been resolved.