Macross Fanracer - Titanium!

Started by zpaolo, April 20, 2013, 12:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zpaolo

As good as metallic paint is, I think some lightly brushed titanium is a great material for an airplane: it's not completely desaturated but has that subtle pearl hue that I really love... I tried to produce a more "dramatic" image, direct front shot with panel lights from the HDRI background reflecting on the surface and a plain background. I think it captures the idea of making this civilian aircraft look as aggressive and sleek as possible ;D

As I'm still changing some surfaces, I was surprised at how robust the model is now, it almost never fails to regenerate in CREO

edwardo

oooh nice. Far less 'toy' like than the blue one i saw before

feher

Very nice image ! Clean.
The only thing I would do is put some weight on those tires. If you have KS4 you can add a ground plain Turn on clip geometry. You want to clip just a little bit. You'll be amzed at what that will do to this image.
It's a keeper.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

zpaolo

Quote from: feher on April 20, 2013, 12:22:31 PM
The only thing I would do is put some weight on those tires. If you have KS4 you can add a ground plain Turn on clip geometry. You want to clip just a little bit.

Thanks for the tip, I need to work on the tires a little bit, I'm studying the effect of weight on tires to find a nice way to model it but I'll try with a plane too

Paolo

zpaolo

Working on the tires, with a slight deformation of the bottom of the tire and some sculpting it looks more realistic...

Skint

Really nice Zp... your creo skills are still top notch :)

feher

Now that's what I'm talking about. I think you could go a tad more.
Ethier way this makes a huge difference.
It's a keeper
Tim

Josh3D

cool look Paolo! Amazing what a difference slight deformation of the wheel can make.

zpaolo

Thank you all for the comments :) Here is my latest pic, of course even this time I had to refine the wings (I'll never stop I fear :D:D:D ) and put two Fanracers with different color scheme on a sunset background. I built the background in Keyshot using the HDRI editor. Just a bit of post production to add motion blur to the fans...

Paolo

richardfunnell

Wow, that is superb! Beautiful lighting  :D