Problem with texture 'Sync'

Started by Despot, April 22, 2013, 03:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Most of the time when I don't want  the scale of my bump map to be the same scale as my diffuse map I turn off 'sync'

But if you then save the file and re-open or simply edit another material and go back to another one 'sync' is turned back on and the bump map values are equal to the diffuse values again. This happens in every scene. It's quite obviously a bug

It's actually very annoying as I'm now having to write down values (if they differ)

I'm using the current version, 4.0.74 (64bit)

Thanks J

Despot

So has nobody else noticed this ?

And I thought I would have received some feedback from Luxion  :-\

J

evilmaul

I get this behaviour too... it is indeed annoying and also  It does the same thing with brightness and contrast

DriesV

Quote from: evilmaul on April 27, 2013, 12:22:05 PM
It does the same thing with brightness and contrast

Yes, I noticed this too.
It seems that the applied brightness and contrast -that you originally dialed in- remain intact, but their values in the texture editor are reverted back to the default of '1' after saving.

Dries

Despot

Thanks guys - I don't use brightness/contrast so I hadn't noticed that...

Hope this issue gets sorted for the next update...

J

Chad Holton

Thanks for the feedback guys! I just tested with a newer version and it's all working okay for me. Thanks again. ~Chad

Despot

What new version is this ?

Do you mean higher than 4.0.74 ?

J

Chad Holton

Yes - It's one that we are testing out. It's newer than .74 and hasn't been released to the public just yet. Let us know if you run across anything else. Thanks again. ~Chad

guest84672

To add what Chad said - this bug has been fixed for the next update of KeyShot, scheduled to be released towards the end of May.