Main Menu

House Render

Started by JAKiii, July 12, 2010, 08:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAKiii

Here's one that I owe my client in a few days.  Any suggestions?  KeyShot 2, Photoshop -

Richman

DBKeyshot

Truly impressive. Good work with all the subtle lighting from within the house. Have you tried adjusting the gamma and brightness settings? I think a little more contrast would help.

JAKiii

In the end I took the color out because I wanted more realism.  Cheating, I know, I do it often.  Also a shot off the back of the house -

jbeau

Try setting all your materials to a diffuse white color and render out the scene again. Use this new rendered image as an ambient occlusion pass. Set the AO(ambientOcclusion) pass as a layer above this image in PS and change the mode to multiply. The AO pass is used for shadows and you may have tweak the shader to a slight gray or in PS use curve/levels to add more contrast and bring out more tone. I also like to add some grain, DOF or chromatic abbreviation to help sell the image as being "real".

Robert V.

May I say that you scene is a brilliant one!

JAKiii

Here are updates to both views.  The previous versions were meant to simulate lighting at dusk, but I abandoned that.  Here you see mid-day shadows that show more depth.

guest84672

These are really good. I am impressed.