Chrome, metallic labels like HOT FOIL from Tiff transpanency etc

Started by markw, April 26, 2013, 03:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markw

Map a label and make the label reflect like it was chrome or hot foil stamping.

I would like to have this.

maymay

I think the Labels should just be able to have their own material.

saman

Quote from: markw on April 26, 2013, 03:50:42 AM

Map a label and make the label reflect like it was chrome or hot foil stamping.

I would like to have this.

I totally agree, it would be amazing. I want to have ability to create a complex labels like in other renders. It will bring stronger competitiveness versus another renders in the market. This is one reason why i can't use this render in full. I think most people will agree with me.

edwardo

I've really felt the need to control labels like you control any other material. In particular I could often do with adding bump maps to my labels, but being able to alter the 'base material' of each label would be advantageous as well

Thanks
Ed

PhilippeV8

This is sort of a sollution to what I was about to request.

If you can set a material to a lable, then you can set it to be a light as well .. no ?

So if you got an interior scene, where you want to add some spotlights to the ceiling .. just add "light-labels".

NormanHadley

Is it possible that the best way to tackle this is not with labels but opacity maps instead? I did a quick trial with a rocker cover and created a parallel surface 0.1mm offset from the top. I then set that surface to scratched nickel and set an opacity map from an inverse of our company logo. This technique would work a lot better with a single colour logo (ours has a washed-out tone for the last three letters)

Was that the kind of thing you were after, Mark, or have I wildly misinterpreted the original question?

jsternth

This is absolutely the current workaround.  The issue however really is when there are much more complicated graphics involved such as what would be found on various labels with hot stamps and foils in the artwork.  Its not always possible to edit the original CAD file when looking at multiple graphics options.  SHOT and MOVE have been able to to this from day one and it is a big need for those of us that went the KS route after the split.  Hope you guys are listening  ;)

KeyShot