Assembly coloring

Started by magnumpi, June 05, 2010, 05:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnumpi

I have an issue in solidworks and can't find an answer. I made a library of parts I need to make an exhibition stand. Problem is that I need more than one instance of the same part but don't wan't it to be the same color. If I change one instance face color, all of them change. I figured how to color one instance as a whole, but what I need is just different front face color. Is this even possible in sw? hope i make sense.

guest84672

I would think that they need to be individual parts if I I recall correctly from my CAD days.

Speedster

Hi-

Just create a new "configuration" of each part, using the Configuration Manager on the top row of tabs.  Then color map as needed, but MAKE SURE that you specify (check) "this configuration only", or "This Display State" in SW2010.  The dialogue box is way last, down on the bottom.  You can also specify the exact "Display State" (configuration) if needed. Repeat this process for each configuration.

In the assembly, be sure to specify for each part which configuration (display state) it is, so that when you import the assembly into KS they are differentated.

Bill G

magnumpi

It worked. Kind of struggled at first as I had to figure out I had to add configurations at a part level and not assembly which after couple of tries  I did and can now color as I want/need. Thank you!