Scratched Brass / Copper

Started by Despot, May 05, 2013, 06:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

A few people have asked about my Brass/Copper material - so I've decided to share it publicly, below is a link to the .ksp package.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2p21e0cljrggzg9

The diffuse texture is a 2048 x 2048 seamless map that was created from a photographic texture, the bump map is also 2048 x 2048.

A different look can be achieved by reducing or increasing the roughness value in conjunction with the diffuse / bump scale and density

Blending the diffuse map with a colour can also give interesting results and it's worth saying that lighting will have a huge impact on how the material looks...

You can use this for personal or commercial projects, there are no restrictions - the only thing I would ask is to not re-distribute the maps by themselves.

I forgot to mention that the preview image in this post will look different to the rendered version as I could not bundle the HDRI

J

TpwUK

Nicely done Biomechanic

Martin

Esben Oxholm

Thanks a lot Biomechanic! That is very kind of you.
I owe you one :)

edwardo

Thanks biomechanic, thats very kind. In the spirit of sharing I can post a KSP of this 'braided hose' material if there is enough interest. Its a bit flat looking and could probably do with more work. but lemmi know if anyones interested

Chad Holton

Thanks for sharing, John! Downloading it now.  ;D

Quote from: edwardo on May 06, 2013, 03:14:45 AM
Thanks biomechanic, thats very kind. In the spirit of sharing I can post a KSP of this 'braided hose' material if there is enough interest. Its a bit flat looking and could probably do with more work. but lemmi know if anyones interested

That'd be great edwardo - please when/if you you share your braided hose, start a new topic so it will be easily found. Thanks!  :D

jhiker

Many thanks to both - really useful!