Main Menu

More LEGO models

Started by JHoagland, May 08, 2013, 04:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHoagland

I love how plastic toys look when rendered in KeyShot. :)
These images are rendered digital models, not photos of real LEGO toys... obviously, since I wouldn't be posting photos in a digital art gallery. :D

The Y-Wing is a digital version of the `Collector Edition` LEGO kit #10134 and has over 584,780 polygons!

zpaolo

Nice work! Speaking of the first image, try to reduce a bit the reflectivity, especially on grey bricks, maybe reducing the IOR will help a bit to give an even more "plasticy" look. Also, and this will be a neverending struggle for us LEGO modelers, the blue bricks look a bit too saturated and "purple". I know there are pictures online (and even reference LEGO colors charts) where blue bricks look almost turquoise, but I think (judging from real parts I have and from my memory) the truth is somewhat in-between ;)

Paolo

Josh3D

yes, these are looking really nice. I would just change the backplate :)

JHoagland

Quote from: zpaolo on May 09, 2013, 12:59:24 AM
Nice work! Speaking of the first image, try to reduce a bit the reflectivity, especially on grey bricks, maybe reducing the IOR will help a bit to give an even more "plasticy" look. Also, and this will be a neverending struggle for us LEGO modelers, the blue bricks look a bit too saturated and "purple". I know there are pictures online (and even reference LEGO colors charts) where blue bricks look almost turquoise, but I think (judging from real parts I have and from my memory) the truth is somewhat in-between ;)

Paolo
Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to play with the IOR to see what happens. For the clear pieces, I've been using the Keyshot preset called "Solid Glass".

Like you said, the true color may be hard to match exactly. To me, the blue bricks match the blue color as I would expect the bricks to look like. I have the original model (and more blue bricks) in a box in my closet, but this set is from the 1970's and I'm sure the actual LEGO's have faded by now.  ;)

Thanks
--John