Rage - Land Yacht (Animation)

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, May 06, 2013, 06:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

This is the result of a student project at the Department of Engineering design & Materials at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology!

The result is a Class A surface, and was modelled in NX, while the rendering was done in KeyShot! We were greatly inspired by Marc Sengers work during the editing of the movie, as some of you probably will notice.

Feedback will be appreciated :)

(Best enjoyd in 1080p)

richardfunnell

Wow, your movie is fantastic! Good job with the audio track and nice dynamic camera changes :D
Your surfaces are also very nicely resolved on the model, looks great!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Jeff Hayden

I agree with Richard. Your work is fantastic.

Ruckus

First, great work & very cool! 8)

Second (and this is off topic), I used to race ice boats, even got into a couple of world cup events. ::)   I have seen similar wing-sail ice boats, so I'm wondering if this is anything that is really being worked on, or just a "fantasy" piece?  The wheels look more like fantasy, but everything else is spot-on.

Thanks for sharing.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Ruckus on May 10, 2013, 08:41:19 AM
First, great work & very cool! 8)

Second (and this is off topic), I used to race ice boats, even got into a couple of world cup events. ::)   I have seen similar wing-sail ice boats, so I'm wondering if this is anything that is really being worked on, or just a "fantasy" piece?  The wheels look more like fantasy, but everything else is spot-on.

Thank you for the kind words!

No, this was just a semester-long student project where our goal was to model a class A surface(if you are familiar with the term). We were inspired by several other designs, including some ice boats that you mention(Greenbird was one of them, if you've heard about it). So, it's just a "fantasy" piece, but it would be cool to build it ;)

sixten

Very nice surfacing!  High level, especially for a student project.  I also appreciate that you felt my video was worthy of inspiration  :)

Keep up the great work, Magnus!

-Marc

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: sixten on July 17, 2013, 02:09:59 PM
Very nice surfacing!  High level, especially for a student project.  I also appreciate that you felt my video was worthy of inspiration  :)

Keep up the great work, Magnus!

-Marc

Thank you for the feedback, Marc! Yes, we were very inspired by the animation of the Bombrunner, as you've probably already noticed :)