.obj & .3ds import problems

Started by Tbird, September 27, 2011, 05:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tbird

I am trying to import a model from TurboSquid as either a .obj or .3ds.   The model is supposed to have the body separated into separate components doors, hood, fenders etc.  When I import it the body is all connected. I am not a modeler so please reply in laymans terms as to a possible solution.

Thanks

w.wolf

If the model is really have separate bodies, then it's easy ...
Import the model to KeyShot, click on Options or double click the model then go to the Scene tab, you'll find a small arrow next to your model's name, click on it, probably other arrows will appear so click on each on ... then when you're finished press Ctrl+A to select all ... right click and Unlink Part ...
If you don't see any arrows then the model is actually one body ...
I hope that helps and I am sure there's a faster way but I usually import my models already separate ...

Deziner

Thanks w.wolf, I was facing kind of a similar problem and your comment helped..... :)

TpwUK

Hi Tbird - When you select the model to import, try show settings, then material at the bottom - Keep individual parts, then group by objects, if the model is indeed layered then you will have lots of parts top play with

HTH - Martin