Artifacts and geometry issues in Keyshot

Started by scout144, May 16, 2013, 10:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scout144

I have two simple revolves in rhino, when I use the surface analysis tool in rhino both appear fine but ketshot is having major issues with these. The middle portion is a convex part that is set to chrome. Would love some help, I see some good renders on here and have watched all the tutorials and most webinars but seem to really struggle with this program.

edwardo

Hi scout. I see the problem on the outer part (a 'jaggy' on the left hand side) but cant see what the issue on  the convex chrome piece is!!??  :-\

Rhino is a great modeller and i like it, but its terrible at meshing!! For some reason when importing rhino geometry into keyshot there are no tesilation options. I often get strange artifacts on my rhino geometry in keyshot (particularly with translucent materials). As a work around, try exporting your parts from rhino as IGES parts. Now when you import them into keyshot you should have the option of controlling tesilation - slide that right upto 1. you should have a better mesh in keyshot now.

scout144

Hey Edwardo,

Thanks for the reply, this was imported as an IGES file I will try to play with the tessellation control to see if that helps. The inner chrome is getting those pulling hard edges in the render, my only idea is the object is too thin it is about a millimeter thick but still this should be fine.

scout144

Ok just tried to change the tessellation quality to one and still getting bad geometry?

scout144

I have changes the model of the center convex part that seems to fix the fragmentation issues on that but the artifacts are still appearing on the outside portion, any advise would be great