Main Menu

Subaru Impreza

Started by Esteban Rosas, May 21, 2013, 06:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esteban Rosas

Hi guys im new here and i want to show you my very first rendering and material composition attemp, i took a subaru sti as .obj file and apply some materials and textures on Ks 4, i know there is a lot to improve and im open to all your comments and advices, i would like to improve my light/shadows skills hope you like it. thanks

PhilippeV8

Here's my ideas:

1) tire material not black enough
2) rimms not metal-ish enough
3) black plastic looks almost glass-like (like in the front end near the logo)

guest84672

Paint doesn't look like paint. And you may want to use a backplate, rather than flatten the ground and display the environment.

EGON

With a little more work this could be interesting.

Esteban Rosas

Thanks for the ideas guys I will improve it. I have 2 questions how can I get more realistic results on car paint and about the blackplate I don't get the point of @Thomas teger please if can explain me more thanks

guest84672

Use an image as the background 0 got to the environment tab and select background. Or grab an image from thew library and drag it into the scene.

Esteban Rosas

Thanks thomas I will try it may I know which will be the difference or the effect that we are looking for by making this change ? Thanks so much

guest84672

Look at the environment. It is not crisp, and has kink in the road due to the flattening. For reflections and lighting this is good enough, but not necessarily for the final image. With a photograph you get the proper context, while maintaing the reflections and lighting from the environment.

Esteban Rosas

Esteban Rosas

Hi guys i tried to apply some of your advices i did another version of the sti this time i tried to recreate a realistic road shoot, hmm im not very pleased with the results but i think there is a progress, as always all advices are welcome i really want to make my lights/shadows realistic so please give me a hand.

guest84672

You will need to adjust the focal length in the scene to match the backplate. The HDRI seems a bit bright, but then so does the backplate. What are the settings and environment settings inside KeyShot?