Main Menu

KeyShot water bottle

Started by Esben Oxholm, May 23, 2013, 12:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esben Oxholm

Rendering of a bottle for the fun of it.
Bottle: http://grabcad.com/library/1-5l-twisty-water-bottle

Hope you like it :)

Best regards.

guest84672

Looks cool, but what material are you using for the bottle?

Esben Oxholm

I'm using a clear rough plastic that I've tweaked a bit. See below.
You've got any suggestions for improvement? :)

guest84672

It just seemed  a bit too rough for me. Doesn't look like plastic. Just my thought.

John B

its definitely unique but I have to agree, it doesn't have that plastic feel that a water bottle has. I do kind of like the material and with a little bit of tweaking it could make a cool frosted glass-like material similar to what you might see on some bottles of vodka  :P

guest84672

edwardo

I think its a nice image, not photo real, but it describes the shape of the bottle really well (probably better than a photo real image could). It reminds me of adobe illustrator 'renders' i used to do back in the day (which would take forever...and ever...and ever to do)

Esben Oxholm

Thank you for the feedback.
I agree with you looking at the image again. The material is too rough. I've now tried to make it clearer.
@edwardo: Thanks. Yup, the shape is well defined, but I'm going for a realistic look, so I think i have to try again :)

I've spiced up the image with a glass of water as well:

Maybe I should wait for KS4.1 and get some nice caustic reflections in there? :)

schneich

nice image, for realistic water in glass there are some threads in here, or open the wineglass bip for the right setup...

cheers

t.

abedsabeh

Nice work Esben!

Water bottles are a bit tricky to work with. I did a couple using the old keyshot, maybe version 1.5  :) I can't remember. Here is a sample of the renderings.

I will try to find the bip and post the settings of the material.

guest84672

I remember this one, Abed! That ws way before we had labels and all the other good stuff.

Millergo

I need to know how you modelled that water drops. i need your help, if do you know some tutorial or something plese, write to me on millergoarts@gmail.com

abedsabeh

Quote from: Millergo on May 27, 2013, 08:12:43 AM
I need to know how you modelled that water drops. i need your help, if do you know some tutorial or something plese, write to me on millergoarts@gmail.com

The water drops were done inside Maya using the paint effects tool/waterMesh/waterDroplets, and physically I painted the drops the way I wanted. I hope this answer your question.

Abed

Millergo

thanks so much i will try to do that ;) trhanks for your help