Retain materials doesn't work for Rhino files.

Started by vanka, February 24, 2010, 09:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanka

Though "retain materials" option is marked beta I would like to inform you about the following:

I created small scene in Rhino (cube and sphere) and assigned materials (img 1).

Then I added one object (cone), saved the file, pressed open in KeyShot, checked "retain materials" and the materials shifted to the next created in Rhino object or disappeared (img 2).

This thing is really very incovinient. Half of time I spend reassigning materials after any change or addition of objects.

Please, fix the bug. It will save a lot of time for those who use Rhino!

vanka

Hey, what's going on?

I've mentioned a real problem with Rhino "retain materials" and no word from KeyShot developpers for 2 weeks!

Are you going to fix it or do you think it's not important for Rhino users?

guest84672

We are revisiting the whole "retain material" subject for version 2. It will be much more than what is currently implemented.

vanka

Thanks for the reply!

And when 2.0 is going to be released?

guest84672

We hope to have a beta version available in April, and then shortly after that.

vanka

Thanks for good work (I mean KeyShot 2)!

But nothing changed with retain materials for Rhino files (the problem mentioned in the topic).
This is very sad :(

Are going to refine it?

guest84672

Can you send me the example file?

Thanks,Thomas

vanka

Here are 2 files. Cube and sphere in the first, the same plus cone in the second.

vanka

Hi!
A week has passed, but no word from KeyShot team :(
Are you going to fix the problem?

ben10

it also doesn't retain any texture maps from direct render export inside rhino. Hypershot can do this before with all materials in the toolbar. Hope to add this toolbar soon

guest84672

ben10

if direct render inside rhino  the default material will be the layer colors...but if you import the .3dm files in keyshot standalone the texture maps works...why is it like this? before in hypershot it recognizes materials made inside rhino and hitting render button...it also has toolbar for basic materials to paint into the objects

guest84672

I still don't understand the first part of your question.

vanka

I can't believt it, but it looks like retain materials works now for Rhino files!
I'll continue to check it, but thanks a lot in any case!!!

guest84672

It is. We found why it wasn't working reliably before. Reworked the importer, and now you get layer names as well!