Main Menu

Porsche 921 - WIP

Started by yotah1, May 31, 2013, 02:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yotah1

Skint

PhilippeV8

That is amazing design ... I love the behind !  An area where LOTS of car designs FAIL !

I believe this is going on the FB page ... or it should !

PS: there's 1 thing missing on the behind-shot .. it's your nice signature .. then super-hi-res .. and print in poster size.

guest84672

yotah1

Thank you guys :)

A few more renders are coming with the current setup, then I'll spend some time on HDR Light Studio 4.0 to get some cracking HDRIs and do more shots.

Speedster

You know, this is truly the finest automobile design I've ever seen.  Awesome modeling, but it's the mind and eye behind it that really grabs!  MORE!!!
Bill G

guest84672

I should send these to my friends at Porsche ...

Ed

Wow.  With that model and choice of lighting, it looks like it's moving 150 mph while standing still!

Ed

PhilippeV8

Side-shot is awesome .. I love this car .. wouldn't mind my neighbour buying one, so I could see it every day  ;)

Headlights need some love tho ...

yotah1

The headlights will be reworked, I just rushed something in in order to do the renders, didn't really do any design on it.

Last two for today :

Regarding sending it to porsche, well that's already done, as I've recently applied for a job there, and this project is kind of my "so, do you hire me or not?" card  ;D

guest84672

PhilippeV8

Well, if I were George Porche (or whatever he's called) .. I'd hire you ... like yesterday.

Now just do a killer job on the lights, cuz as you probably know .. recent cars often have lights you could stare at for 20 minutes .. even KIA's for god sake !  Imagine, just a few years ago they were just flat glass or even with cat-eye structure, that's it ... now, some are little pieces of pure art.

guest84672

You mean Ferdinand Porsche? LOL.

John B

love the concept and there are few if any changes that I would personally make...

that being said, here my 2 cents

1. I would play around with the idea of a retractable spoiler (similar to those you see on most cars in this cars class, even the new Boxster has one)
2. There is something that bugs me about having the wheels be that solid orange color, I would suggest adding black (or dark grey) accents to them, it would make the wheels really pop
3. The windows at the moment seem a bit too flush with the body so it might not be a bad idea to recess them slightly
4. Tucking the front of the hood down below the front bumper (similar to the 918 Spyder concept) could also add some real flare to your car.

Other than that extreme nit picking I have to say you've hit the mark on this concept and I look forward to seeing your finished model :D Hopefully Porsche likes it as much as we do.

PhilippeV8

@Thomas >> I have NO idea  ;) 8)