Getting better with KS

Started by Pepe Duran, May 30, 2013, 12:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepe Duran

I'm rendering an old model I made in Rhino, I think the first image is very close to the real life, What do you think?

PhilippeV8

Sir ... sir ... I think you dropped your pen ...

The top one is real good.

You're getting better at resolution size for the forum  ;)

Pepe Duran

Hi PhilippeV8,

Thank you very much for your comments, i'm glad we both agreed that the top one is the top one  :),
and your comment about the resolution size was very funny i'm still laughing but that was just the truth ;D!
it was my first post what can i say!

Josh3D

Yes indeed, the top image is spot on realistic. Very nice!

edwardo

I thought the top image WAS a photo! with a few crumbs, scratches and specs of dust on the ground surface, i wouldn't be able to tell the difference!

Ed

Pepe Duran

Hi Josh3d and edwardo

Thank you for the commments, for the ground surface i was using only a bump leather image, fresnel enabled and refraction index to the last
and finally with some Photoshop tweaks to create the depth of field effect in the tip on the pen....
I'm not sure if KS has the depth of field option but could be interesting...

edwardo

Keyshot does DOF..... its one of my favourite features

Despot

KeyShot has the easiest DOF setup by far that I have ever seen in any rendering software. It also renders phenomenally quick in the real time render window.

I own and use Maxwell Render as well and believe you me, DOF is not easy to set up for this renderer, in fact it can have you tearing you're hair out...

J