Linux render nodes?

Started by Ruckus, June 04, 2013, 06:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

I am wondering if there is a Linux version of Network Rendering?

I'm pretty sure that the answer is "not yet."  A post from last November mentioned that a Linux version could be done if there is a demand.  Can any of the KeyShot guys offer a guesstimate of how long it might take to realease a Linux version?  (Don't get started on anything based on this inquiry - I'm just looking into different options for a dedicated render farm at this time.)

Is there anyone else in the community that would like to have a Linux rendering option in the future?

Ruckus

I should also be asking similar questions about Cloud Rendering.

It would be a much tougher sell with our IT  security group, but I should be considering it - at least from the standpoints of availability & cost.

guest84672

It can be provided fairly quickly if demand is high enough.

"Cloud rendering" is something we are looking into as well. But once again, it is fueled by demand.

3D Off the Page

We do have our render farm up and running and ready for projects if you are looking for a render farm source.

Steve

KeyShot

KeyShot already runs on linux as does the network rendering system. If the demand is there then we can add support. The challenge with linux is that it is not just linux. It is a family of different distributions that in most cases are incompatible, which makes it a bit of a nightmare to support.

mockba

So it looks like there's a linux based rendering slave? I have a few powerful headless linux servers on my lab shelf I could use. Together they are more powerful than my laptop by way far.
Is this linux slave something we can download and test?

Thanks,
Mockba.

KeyShot

Actually both KeyShot with a full user interface and network rendering works on linux. The network rendering for linux is something we can consider making available for network rendering customers.

TOC

Hello,

could you please provide the Installation files for the Linux Network Rendering Slave?

Thanks
TOC