IGES import problems

Started by quigley, July 17, 2010, 10:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quigley

I have been sent a pile of IGES files that refuse to import into KeyShot 2 using the default "beta" importers. When I turn this option off the files import OK. Would it help to have them?

Also I have been trying unsuccessfully to import 3D PDF into Keyshot 2. For these files I opened the IGES in Acrobat 3D Review (comes with 9 Extended), imported them (all OK BTW), and exported to 3D PDF (all open in Acrobat OK). I tried to import these into Keyshot but no go. I have not actually managed to get any PDF itno Keyshot yet that originated in 3D Review. Again, do you want some of these?

guest84672

IGES - yes please!!! Send to me directly. 3DPDF is not supported yet.

Thanks,
Thomas

quigley

OK will do. Some are pretty big so I'll load them to my site.

guest84672

Ok - we've also noticed some issues with the latest installer that since have been corrected. Please make sure you download and install again just to make sure that there is a real problem.

Thanks,
Thomas

tamm0rine

Same here... cannot import IGES files exported by Autodesk Alias 2010 into KeyShot 2.0.46 with the beta importer. Tessellation is set to the default value. I sent you an e-mail with a link to the file.

With version 2.0.38 import was possible, however neither layers nor groups I defined in Alias were respected.

The old importer works fine.

Btw, the preference dialog doesn't remember the state of the beta importer checkbox across application restarts.