Main Menu

WIP - LMP Design

Started by Ryno, May 15, 2013, 09:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryno

I've been (slowly) working on a new portfolio piece over the last couple months. The model is being made 100% in Solidworks with the renders done quickly in KS. The model is heavily WIP still, many, many details still left to do (along with some tweaking of existing details).

These shots were meant to be a sort of 'clay' type render, with a little more life in it, instead of glossy beauty shots. The final will have some more oomph to it. These were just done basically to show updates made to the car. I'm working on it for a competition which ends in mid June. With a very busy schedule that's not a lot of time left, and there is still a LOT of work to do (I have a shortlist of 25 details still to do on the car, some of which are days of work in their own right...).

The car itself is built to the 2013 ACO regulations to LMP1 cars for the 24 Hours of Lemans race in France. A few very minor liberties have been taken so far, but on the whole it's rules-compliant.

Ryno

An example of a slightly older set of renders to show some of the progress made.

Ryno

A little more progress on the model and some new test shots as well. There's a problem with the top of the splitter; it looks like the faces on the top of the central section are not importing for some reason?

Let me know what you think!

kana

Ryno

Thanks Kana :)

Here's a couple more updated ones. Some new details finished

Ryno

Here are the final images, for anyone who might be interested.