Importing a collada file crashed my computer

Started by JHoagland, June 15, 2013, 11:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHoagland

How's that for a subject line? :)

Here's what happened:
I exported a model from Poser Pro to collada format. (I saved it in the same folder as the texture maps.)
I opened KeyShot and clicked Import.
I selected the collada file.

KeyShot then waited and waited. Normally, when I import an obj file, I get the "importing" dialog box almost immediately, then the progress bars, then the model imports.
The fan on my computer started spinning faster, though this usually happens when I use KeyShot.
When I then moved the mouse pointer, it started "skipping" across the screen, which usually indicates Windows can't read the USB connection fast enough.
KeyShot still waited and waited.
I thought something might be going wrong, so I clicked the X button to close the program... after carefully moving my skipping mouse pointer.
Nothing happened for a minute, then my System Taskbar disappeared. It didn't turn transparent or a solid color: it vanished and I could see my desktop wallpaper picture.
After a few seconds, Windows gave me the "This program is not responding" dialog box. I clicked he button to close KeyShot (then waited again).
Then my entire screen went black except for the mouse pointer.

Thinking something bad had happened, I then turned my computer off and restarted. I scanned my computer using PC Tools Spyware Doctor and Windows Defender and both programs found no issues.

I re-opened KeyShot and imported the obj version of the model without any problems.

Anybody have any good ideas? I'm using Win7, 64bit and the 64bit version of KeyShot.

Thanks
--John

rickfoxxx

I have the same problem with Collada files.  When export collada from poser, and then import on Keyshot, only import one object.

guest84672

What version of KeyShot are you using? Can you share the file with support?