Fractal Axe FX 3D Shot

Started by nicolasrivera, June 20, 2013, 07:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicolasrivera

Modeled from scratch in Sketchup. KeyShot is incredible!

guest84672

This is really nice. Very nice model!

nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera

Ed

Those are excellent - #1 is my favorite.  Belongs in the KS gallery.

Ed

PhilippeV8

Last one feels better to me ... the red/yellow tone on the second one, make it look like an ad photo from the 80's ... it looks better with the blue/white tone of the last one.

feher

WOW ! The first one has my vote.
I didn't know you can model like that in Sketchup.
It's a keeper in my book !
Tim

nicolasrivera

Well, it is not that complicated of a model, there are far more complex models that have been done in sketch up that just makes you scratch your head.....

This are some tests with out any post work....

TpwUK

There's some seriously nice work in those renders .... I like it a lot

guest84672

Really well done. Now use the toon material in 4.1 and make a nice line drawing!

Speedster

Really beautiful renderings, with perhaps the best brushed finish yet. Looks just like my t.c.electronics effects box.  You've captured the rich, high-end, look that is so critical to potential buyers.  Almost print ready.  I say almost, as when rendering reaches this level of excellence the "nits" stand out, and I have only one nit to pick. The cutout for the screen would not have a brushed finish, but straight black anodize.  Remap these edges and fix them up, and you have a keeper!
Bill G

nicolasrivera

Quote from: Speedster on June 21, 2013, 07:37:05 AM
Really beautiful renderings, with perhaps the best brushed finish yet. Looks just like my t.c.electronics effects box.  You've captured the rich, high-end, look that is so critical to potential buyers.  Almost print ready.  I say almost, as when rendering reaches this level of excellence the "nits" stand out, and I have only one nit to pick. The cutout for the screen would not have a brushed finish, but straight black anodize.  Remap these edges and fix them up, and you have a keeper!
Bill G

Thank you. Achieving the that nice black brushed was not easy, had to do a lot of test until it looked right.  But all in all the most tedious and boring part is the lettering and applying it as labels. Had to spend some hours just finding the various FONTS and then matching them in size and wideness. I do find the labeling to be very limited regarding remembering the position when applying a different material, you loose them and more annoying is that if i place multiple units stacked the labels don't stay in the individual units, but rather take the multiple units as a whole unified model and spread all over.... this is very bad and very disappointing.

guest84672

I'm not sure I understand the last part about labels spreading all over. Can you explain?

Chad Holton

CAClark

Excellent renders, really really nice.

Cheers!