Main Menu

idea about new option

Started by hitesh.m, June 09, 2013, 01:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitesh.m

While working with keyshot for jewellery rendering an idea came in mind so sharing if possible, as we know for best result for diamond jewellery rendering we do separate render in different environment in keyshot and then merge it in ps but while working with many diamond design it is very time taking task to make selection and crop unwanted diamond part hide under the prongs so if keyshot have super subtract option it will save lots of time.

This option is actually available in Jewel CAD, in this option apply super subtract to first part and just appear subtracted with another part in rendering mode.

Hope i explain exactly what i imagine and it will gr8 if it can implement or any other option to do same with keyshot .

Ed

hitesh.m -

If I understand correctly, you want to render the ring shank and the diamonds using two different HDRs.

Check out the Viewsets feature in the KeyShot Pro version.

Use Viewsets to create a new view using a different HDR environment and/or backplate and/or environmental settings.  This is useful for incorporating a different HDR for the wheels verses the car body for example.  Or different HDR for the diamonds verses the ring shank.

To add a viewset, click the camera icon and select > Add viewset.  Once a viewset has been added the current camera and environment settings will be added.  Make sure you lock the camera in place before creating viewsets.  Selecting the Camera names will pull up the saved Viewsets.

Render with clown pass and render layers options selected.  Bring all into Photoshop and layer.  Now you can select the various parts of your model made with the secondary HDR.

I have done this with rings, and the clown pass makes it easy in Photoshop to select just the stones (rendered with HDR #1), then combine with the ring shank rendered with HDR#2.  No masking by hand required.  The clown pass is your mask - just use the wand selector tool.

If you do not have KeyShot Pro, you can still accomplish this.  It just takes a few of more steps.

Ed

hitesh.m

hi Ed thanks for explain yes exactly i want to do same but i dont know wht wrong im doing im not able to do it successfully, i select 2 view set in 1st view set i select 1 hrd n in another viewset i select another hdr but as i select viewset any out of 2  hrd changing to keyshot default . its there any video tutorial available explaining this option.

hitesh.m

finally i did it thanks a lot ED i will upload pic u have render with ur trick soon thanks again..........

fario

Hello,

I understand your approach to multiple reports.

by cons ... I do not know how to use or do with Photoshop to work with documents based on ...

you have a description or video to help me?

thank you very much.

Antoine