Quick 'n dirty architectural - 4.1 Toon

Started by DriesV, June 23, 2013, 11:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

I've been trying out the Toon shader -in 4.1 release candidate- for some (really) quick architectural images.
Nothing but toon materials for these images (except for the metal door handles ;)).

Dries

DriesV

More drama please... :)

Dries

NDenekamp

Reminds me of being in SketchUp world, except with softer shadows  ;)

I do LOVE the shallow depth of field ones, thats a really unique look!

any idea what is causing the patterned shadow? is that interference from the rungs?

N

PhilippeV8

Quote from: NDenekamp on June 23, 2013, 01:05:08 PM
Reminds me of being in SketchUp world

My thought exactly ... thought not to mention it :p  But it's true.

Despot

Like  :D ... Don't know much about SketchUp so I can't say whether it looks like that or not...

Take it the glass isn't glass, but an opacity map ?

J

DriesV

QuoteTake it the glass isn't glass, but an opacity map ?

Yup! ;) Toon shader with opacity map. (Thanks for the hint you provided with one of your robot shots, John!)
I like how the glass is non-reflective and non-refractive now. Works better than the glass materials I tried...

Dries

Despot

No probs Dries - It also renders a hell of a lot faster than glass as well I think...

J

Josh3D

Really great Dries!! You'll want to keep an eye out Tuesday for an announcement... may be a fun challenge coming up :)

DriesV

Quote from: josh3d on June 24, 2013, 07:51:36 AM
Really great Dries!! You'll want to keep an eye out Tuesday for an announcement... may be a fun challenge coming up :)

Aargh, you've deprived me of my sleep, Josh... ::)

EDIT: okay, I get it. It's a contest... ;)

Dries

Speedster

QuoteYou'll want to keep an eye out Tuesday for an announcement... may be a fun challenge coming up

Probably a contest to design and render the new Luxion World Headquarters building.  Because when 4.1 drops they are sure going to need more space to keep up with demand!
Bill G

Josh3D

Ha! nice Bill. Let's hope so :)

The challenge is live over at GrabCAD... 'Get your Toon On' which you guys have been doing already, so join in!